Monday, October 8, 2007

Genetics are a powerful and scary thing

So yesterday was Allden's 11th birthday. We sent him a gift card for GameStop (his mom's suggestion) and an ant farm (my brilliant idea!). Some of you may remember that a couple of years ago my dear sweet husband asked for an ant farm for his birthday, claiming he was an "ant enthusiast". I was not surprised to receive a call from Allden on his birthday telling us how much he LOVES his ant farm! A little snippet of our conversation....

Jill: Happy Birthday! Did you get both things we sent?
Allden: Yes that's why I'm calling! I love my ant farm!!
J: Oh good! I was hoping you would.
A: Yeah I'm kinda having a hard time making the ants stay in though
J: Huh? You have to send in the coupon and they mail you the ants....
A: Oh yeah, I didn't want to wait so I went outside and hunted some up

It is this statement that makes me believe genetics are both powerful and scary. I could have easily had this same conversation with Clint. Bless both their little hearts!

2 comments:

Becca Jo said...

This is really funny. I hadn't heard about Clint wanting ants for his birthday. Does he still have the ant farm? Yeah this is why we need to do dinner once a month. I'm missing out on funny stories.

Stacy said...

Ant farms are awsome!! I want one. So what happens when you get the ants in the mail. That seems weird.