This is how a bad day starts. Let's say you're just waking up from a lovely night's sleep (and you even got to sleep in!) and as you're filling the dogs' water bowl you notice they are not waiting patiently for you. So you look out the window and see this....
My heart dropped clear to my toes. The wind had knocked down a section of our fence and my babies were nowhere to be found. I went screaming through the house for Clint and ran out the back door hoping they had just barely gone through the fence. No such luck. So we each set off in our cars to look for them. I can't speak for Clint but I was bawling and yelling their names through the streets. As if my neighbors didn't think I was weird enough ;) I called my mom to cry to her and my entire family dropped what they were doing and came to help us search (love you guys! <3). Oh did I mention it was a freakin' blizzard out there? Just to add to the ease of the situation.
So...long story short. Clint found them at a park down the street having a blast. A park we each had driven by and yelled for them. Who knows where they were then! Thank god they were still together and not hurt. I totally need a Xanax!
Sunday, March 29, 2009
A Bad Omen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I bet you anything that Clint wasn't bawling.
Naughty dogs! I remember Buddy got out a few times and one time, I found him WAY far away. He looked really happy trotting along without a care in the world. That made me madder.
Hey, they saw a chance for escape and took it. You can't blame them. That's the bad thing about those vinyl fences, the wind does tend to blow out the panels sometimes. But I like the look of them. We had it happen once to us, luckily no dog was in the yard at the time; just Danny and he didn't ogo far. (Your Mom is much nicer than me. I would have just said "hope you find them, I'm reading the Sunday paper and you are on your own.")
Hahahaha; I love it! Now you have to be extra careful, because they got a taste of freedom :) I can just picture them now.....prancing a smiling. I am glad they are home safe!
I bet they had no idea how worried you were. Isn't that always the way? Those little stinkers. I'm glad you found them.
Post a Comment