Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Movin' On Up

We accidentally bought a new house this year!  We are LOVING the more open lay out and the extra space.  I had been nagging Clint about moving ever since Mariah became mobile - I knew there was no way we could have two kids in our first home.  It was cute and cozy but it just wasn't a great layout for kids and just tooooo small.  He had been saying no no no for over two years.  That hadn't stopped me!  I was always keeping an eye on homes for sale and builders we might be interested in using.  I had looked up a new floor plan I wanted to check out because we were finally on the same page that we would build in the Spring of 2014.  So we decided to check out this new floor plan, just to see if it was something we'd be interested in down the line.  The first house we looked at was nice, and we liked the floor plan, but there was one feature it was missing (the famous Costco closet door).  We asked if there was another house that had one, just to see what it looked like.  Turns out the house right next to the model home DID have one.  And it was also the floor plan we liked.  On a lot we liked.  With finishes we liked.  And did I mention it was available?  Clint said "let's just get this one" and after 2 years of no I didn't hesitate, we were under contract within a week!


We still had the not so fun project of selling our current home.  I was super stressed about it.  I knew we would sell it but worried it would be for less than we wanted and that it wouldn't sell quickly enough, etc.  We did a total de-junk, cleaned up the back yard, deep cleaned the house and staged it for photos.  The pictures turned out great - I almost wondered why we were moving!  The day the house was listed my agent was calling me non-stop.  I lost track of how many showings we had at 12.  We ended up with 4 offers on the first day and sold our house above asking price, whaaaat.  It was clearly meant to be.  

I failed to take pictures of the house before we moved in and now all our junk is in the way, so these will have to do :)




0 comments: