Our new little love was born Friday, December 20th at 6:05 AM. He is such a perfect little addition to our family and we are so lucky he's ours! Love at first sight!
My due date was December 28th and I always thought I was one of those "the baby will come when the baby is ready" kind of gals. Turns out this whole December birthday thing trumped any of those thoughts (plus I was dying to get out of the office ;) )and I asked my OB how early I could be induced. He said with a second baby they will go a week early, which put us on a Saturday. I suggested Friday instead and my doctor said okay! Sold!
My parents were going to have Mariah and the dogs overnight so we went out to one last dinner as a family of three and dropped our girl back off at grandma's. We headed home and I did my last clean up and shoveled the driveway then lounged in the bathtub for a while. We were expecting a call from the hospital about 6:00 AM to let me know when to come in so I tried to get to bed early. I woke up at 11 PM to my water breaking and it was go time!
We got to the hospital a little after midnight and I was at a 4. The contractions were worse than I remembered with Mariah and coming faster. The dork nurse blew veins in both my hands trying to get an IV in before she called someone else in. New girl used this numbing spray that was fabulous. Dork nurse needs to take a lesson :) I let them know I was willing to accept my epidural any time they were ready and I think it was about 1:30 when the anesthesiologist (a.k.a. my new best friend) showed up. This is the part you should stop reading if you've had terrible labors....I basically slept through the rest of my labor. I know. I KNOW. It's ridiculous. Just before five the nurse checked me and it was baby time! We waited for my doctor to show up and then the fun began. I had some scar tissue from Mariah's delivery that was not being very cooperative. My doctor had me push through several contractions and tried to make it stretch but no luck. He finally gave it a snip and baby was out on the next push! Mason Thomas Smith joined our family at 6:05 AM and stole our hearts at 6:06. He is so sweet and perfect and loved - we are so lucky!
I hadn't told my family that I went into labor - I figured why keep them up all night wondering how it was going. I text my mom a picture of me and my new baby boy and she didn't believe me. HA!
Saturday, December 21, 2013
Mr. Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment