Friday, March 5, 2010

Nipple Confusion

In my quest to learn all I can about breastfeeding before this child arrives (a mere 23 weeks away! I'm not starting to panic too early am I??) I have read a lot about nipple confusion. I was lead to believe this happens when a baby becomes confused between a bottle and a boob and refuses to take one or the other. Turns out I was very wrong. MY NIPPLES ARE CONFUSED. All I wanted to do was watch Pam have her baby on The Office and what do you know, a couple of baby cries later I had a nice wet spot on my shirt. My stupid boobs don't even know that wasn't their baby! Isn't it a little early for this to be happening??

In other news (still baby-related, let's face it I have nothing else going on right now) we will find out what the little critter is on Monday assuming everyone cooperates. I am excited to see the baby! Clint is excited to have a day off of work! The basement is about a week away from finished at this point too so look forward to some pictures someday. Also? Ogden's Carpet made me feel dirty and I am pretty sure they hire only former used-car salesmen. Don't say I didn't warn you!

4 comments:

Becca Jo said...

you are going to be a good nurser I bet! That's good. I can't even wait to find out what you are having. you better freaking text me as soon as you can!

A womb for rent said...

Ya get used to other baby cries... nursing boobs don't care who is crying ( tell the husband he cant cry anymore.....lol) it does stop though once the baby slows down on nursing.

I have nursed all my babies and I never do bottle and when I try to give them a bottle months after they hate it. But I have heard if they get both from the beginning and you never be the one to give bottle. They do better with both. I keep wanting to say him in here, I guess I am feeling your having a boy ;-)?????

Also know it hurts the first couple of weeks but it is so worth it after. But it HURTS!!!! With Londyn I tried these nursing Gels but make sure you get the medicated ones at a lactation shop. I bought 2 sets they were $15 dollars each but they were amazing I healed in 1/2 the time in one week and it did not hurt as bad and my nipples did not crack and bleed then I would keep them in the fridge and switch them out and man AMAZING!!!!!! I highly recommend!!!!!

I am so excited for you!!!!!!

jeri said...

I also demand to be texted at the earliest opportunity. So excited!

Autumn said...

Your poor boobs are WAY too early for this nonsense! I bet you will be a rockstar nurser. So, what are you having????? I've checked this thing like 10 times already. I just can't wait!