Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Thanksgiving this year was a BIG year!  I think we ended up with 44 peeps and a whole lotta kids!  As always, dinner was fabulous and I managed to stuff myself sick.  Yay for Thanksgiving!

Cute cousins!  Mariah was alternately poking eyes and giving kisses.  Hey you take the good with the bad!  Sorry Bryton :)

Me and my Dawn - so happy she could be with us this year, but sad for her to be missing her family in Iowa.

Love my little family....my whole world!
LOVE THIS GIRL!!!



I have so much to be thankful for this year. 

First for my life- physically and otherwise!  I have really been slacking on the running, but I am proud of what I have done and I know that when I get my act together I will be able to do it again.  I am also so thankful for a flexible job that I really like.  I really enjoy the people I work with and I couldn't ask for a better for me in my life as a mama.  There is not much I have to miss out on and for that I am thankful.

I am thankful for my wonderful parents who watch my girl every day while I work (we refer to it as their non-profit organization :) ).  They love her so much and I am happy both for Mariah and for them that they will have such a close relationship and have so much time together.  They are the best grandparents around.  I am thankful for my brother and the person he has become.  He is a friend to everyone and just laid back and fun to be around.  Unlike any other 21 year old boy I know, he is happy to spend his free time putting on a free concert for his niece or getting her hooked on chips and salsa.  He is so great and I am lucky he is my bro!

I am thankful for my husband.  I know he doesn't hear it often enough, but he is my other half and I am so happy to have our little family.  He is THE BEST daddy to his little girl and I love to see them together.  I am thankful for the years we've had together and can't wait for many more to come!  

 I can't believe it was two years ago on Thanksgiving morning we did our embryo transfer and I still didn't know if I would ever be a mama.  I am SO grateful to have this baby girl in my life.  As much as I hope to give her a sibling or two in a few years, if we don't get lucky enough for that to happen, I will still feel like I hit the jackpot with my Mariah.  She makes me want to be a better person and want to see the good in the world.  I just couldn't love her more and I am so blessed! 

0 comments: