Sunday, May 2, 2010

Some things I've learned

In the past 25 weeks and 2 days....we are almost in double digits people! Crazy!

  • Baby cribs do not come with a mattress. I believe this to be false advertising! It's not even a complete product?! Jeez.
  • Sleeping pills (doctor approved, calm down!) are the bomb.com
  • Attempting to tidy up the lady business when one can no longer see past her belly is a BAD idea. Let's just say ouch!
  • It is entirely possible for both your upper belly and lower belly to get bigger and to look nothing like a pregnant lady at 6 months pregnant
  • I am a paranoid freak about breast feeding. Why? Is worrying months in advance about my supply and latching going to help me? Doubtful!
  • Dogs take offense to being kicked by the belly when they are trying to snuggle with mama
  • Having a little life thrashing inside of you is one of the coolest things ever. Seriously
  • We are SO lucky to have this little one coming to join our family. IVF can be a total crap shoot and we got lucky on round one. I must have been a nicer person in a previous life :)

In other news...well, wait. That's really all I had. We are STILL waiting on our back-ordered couch so basement pictures are on hold. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow but no ultra sound (boo hoo). And I am on the verge of being mentally checked out already at work. Too bad I still have 15 weeks left huh? :)

7 comments:

Becca Jo said...

I wish I saw you today! I still haven't seen you pregnant.

Valerie S said...

I haven't seen you pregnant either. Post pictures please.

Danielle said...

I know. I know. I know.


I know.

Autumn said...

I LOVE the name you've chosen. Is it Raine after my aunty LoRAINE? So cute! I am also waiting for some pregnant lady pics. I bet you are sooo cute!

Russell*Linsey said...

All I can say is - AMEN! I feel your pain :) Im just barely looking pregnant (as opposed to just chubby) and I'm at 31 weeks- so there is hope!

Anonymous said...

Jill, you are too funny:) Hope you are feeling well. Agreed with everyone else we need to see PICS!!

Valerie S said...

Jill, I forgot to say that my girls had the same reaction when they found out that mattresses didn't come with the crib. One thing too is that the crib mattress will fit into those cute day beds when your little girl gets too big for a crib. So get a good mattress. USA Baby has a pretty good selection.